The Dawn of a New Era
Mark A. Breading, Partner
Publication Date: July 17, 2012
Number of Pages: 27
Price: $1,495.00 USD
Data and analytics are taking center stage in insurance with the potential to reshape the industry. This report brings clarity to a complex area by identifying a spectrum of analytics capabilities and how insurers’ plans and priorities relate to the different types of analytics. The research covers all lines of business in North America.
Data and Analytics in Insurance answers the following questions:
- What are the different types of business intelligence and analytics capabilities available to insurers?
- What are the issues and challenges related to data that insurers face?
- Which parts of the business are leveraging analytics today? In which types of new projects are insurers investing?
- How much are insurers spending (inside and outside of the IT budget) on data and analytics?
- What are insurers’ plans regarding Big Data and where do they see the most potential for future business value?
Insurers and IT solution providers will find this report useful. Figure 1 illustrates insurers’ plans for investing in data and analytics over the next 3 years.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary 3
- Projects and IT Spending Plans 5
- Data Acqusition and Management 12
- Business Intelligence and Analytics 17
- SMA Call to Action 22
- About the Research and Strategy Meets Action 24